Development Coordinator I/II/III (College of Sciences and Mathematics)
The College of Sciences and Mathematics seeks candidates for a Development Coordinator position to coordinate all aspects of development-related programs, services, and/or fundraisers.
About Auburn: Auburn University is a public land-grant university with strong academic and research programs, ranked by U.S. News & World Report among the top 50 public universities nationwide for 20 consecutive years. With more than 24,600 undergraduate students and a total enrollment of more than 30,000 with 1,330 faculty members, Auburn is the second-largest university in Alabama. Auburn University’s mission is rooted in the commitment to outstanding instruction, meaningful research, and life-changing outreach. From robust educational experiences to vibrant athletic pursuits, our traditions run deep.
Beyond the campus, Auburn provides the primary academic support for a number of major state industries, businesses, and occupations through its wide range of degree programs, professional education, and training. Auburn’s impact includes an earning capacity of more than $3.4 billion by Auburn graduates in Alabama.
Why employees choose Auburn: Employees enjoy competitive benefits that include top-notch health insurance, generous retirement plans, tuition assistance for employees and dependents, flexible spending accounts and more. Learn more about Auburn’s impact, generous employee benefits, and thriving community by visiting aub.ie/working-at-auburn.
Our commitment: Auburn University is committed to a diverse and inclusive campus environment. Visit www.auburn.edu/inclusion to learn more about our commitment to expanding equity and inclusion for all.
- Plans, develops or assists in the execution of programs/services/fundraisers.
- Coordinates, plans, and organizes events to include activities such as set-up, selecting speakers, and/or negotiating contractual obligations for resources and logistical considerations.
- Monitors and may develop programs/services budget and ensures programs/services are operating within specifications.
- Prepares itineraries and makes travel arrangements for those involved in related Development programs/services.
- Creates and maintains records of prospects, contacts, and constituents.
- Identifies, screens, and recommends individuals, corporations, and foundations which qualify as prospective donors to and/or volunteers.
- Provides information to staff, students, constituents concerning Auburn University Development issues and concerns through presentation, inquiry response, and/or memorandums/letters.
- May develop and oversee the marketing function for assigned development programs including (but not limited to) brochures, newsletters, web site and news releases.
- Receives and resolves inquiries and problems.
- Creates and maintains donor relations, solicitation and development.
Minimum Education and Experience
Education Level : Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
Minimum Skills and Abilities: Knows fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of particular field of specialization.
EEO Statement Auburn University is committed to an inclusive and diverse campus environment. Women, underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Quick Link for Internal Postings: https://www.auemployment.com/postings/29154