Building InspectorBradenton, FL Area Jobs
Responsible for performing a wide variety of Inspections including building inspections, construction inspections and inspections related to the City's zoning ordinances. Work is performed with limited supervision.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of building inspection techniques;
• Knowledge of construction and building maintenance principles;
• Knowledge of construction materials testing procedures;
• Skilled in providing customer service;
• Skilled in conducting field building inspections;
• Skilled in mediating hostile situations;
• Skilled in performing mathematical calculations;
• Skilled in maintaining records;
• Skilled in reading and interpreting construction plans, drawings, specifications, and special provisions;
• Skilled in prioritizing, organizing, and managing multiple simultaneous projects;
• Skilled in defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions;
• Skilled in reading, interpreting, applying, and explaining laws, codes, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures; -Skilled in preparing clear and concise reports;
• Skilled in maintaining sensitive and confidential information; -Skilled in operating a computer and related software applications;
• Skilled in communicating effectively with a variety of individuals.
• Licensed or Certified as a Plumber, Plumbing Inspector, Electrician or Electrical Inspector Hardee Co. BOCC.
• Bldg. Inspector $50,679.69 - $69,862.51.
• Required Inspection experience.