GroundskeeperRingling College of Art and Design
Groundskeeper performs landscape maintenance by following planned landscape designs and maintenance schedules for campus grounds in all assigned areas.
This position comes into regular contact with co-workers and supervisors along with occasional and casual contact with visitors, students, staff members, faculty, etc. while performing the duties of the job. This position requires knowledge of proper handling of chemicals including fertilizers and pesticides and power equipment, which is learned on the job and through required training. The successful candidate will have capability to work with minimal supervision, and have knowledge and skills of general maintenance and upkeep of grounds areas as well as mowing lawns, trimming and pruning trees and bushes, and detailing landscape elements and flowerbeds.
Must have the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing; use all trade appropriate tools and power equipment in a safe and effective manner. Digs trenches or holes for sprinklers, lighting, etc, maintains irrigation controllers, assist with installation, maintenance and repair of new and existing irrigation systems. Ability to use a ladder, lift objects up to fifty pounds and the ability to work in a variety of weather conditions. May be required to work weekends, holidays, in emergency situations and subject to "on-call" responsibilities.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Possess or ability to possess a valid Florida's Driver's license
- Commercial experience in the care and maintenance of landscapes, landscape construction and irrigation repair and installation
- Experienced in the proper methods used in planting and maintaining hedges, trees, shrubs, lawns, and flowers in the subtropical regions of Florida Certification in Green Industry
- Best Management Practices (GI-BMP)
- Limited Commercial
- Florida Fertilizer Applicator License
- Florida Limited Lawn and
- Ornamental Applicator License Open until filled.
Ringling College is an equal opportunity employer.