Local Sales ConsultantBradenton Herald
The McClatchy Company is seeking a Local Sales Consultant to join our sales team at The Bradenton Herald in Bradenton, Fl. This position will help local clients successfully market their business through traditional media and cutting edge digital products. The successful candidate will identify opportunities, create solution-based marketing proposals and close business.
- Determine upsell opportunities with existing client base
- Identify and capture new business revenue through a consultative sales approach
- Secure long-term business while building solid relationships
- Research and provide industry, competitive and marketing insights to clients
- Create marketing proposals with emphasis on digital solutions
- Manage relationships by reporting campaign results to ensure client satisfaction
- Identify follow-up opportunities for up-sell and cross-sell
- Embrace a “hunter” sales mentality
- Ability to understand a client’s needs to provide ROI and impactful results
- Have understanding of local market and competitive landscape
- Excellent networking, presentation and communications skills
- Driven, sales oriented, self-motivated, and persistent
- 1-3 years in marketing/sales.
- College degree preferred.
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to build relationships.
- Understanding of basic marketing concepts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Must have access to a dependable vehicle and valid driver's license.
The fulltime position includes a competitive salary, commission program, and a comprehensive benefits package, including a 401(k). The Bradenton Herald is part of McClatchy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.