Certified Medication Aide, Madonna Manor - Exceptional New Hourly Rates!
The Certified Medication Aide administers oral and topical medication, including controlled substances, to residents as prescribed by their attending physicians under the direction of a registered or licensed nurse. This position also requires assisting residents with activities of daily living and other nursing assistant duties to ensure quality care
Reports to: Unit Manger/Nurse Supervisor
Essential Job Specific Duties/Responsibilities
1. Assists licensed staff in administering non-parental medication, including controlled substances.
2. Administers treatments as prescribed by physicians in accordance with facility policies.
3. Functions as a nursing assistant when instructed to do so by the Director of Nursing and/or Nurse Manager.
4. Completes administrative work as required.
5. Maintains knowledge of equipment set-up, maintenance, and use.
6. Reports observations to licensed personnel.
7. Maintains resident care supplies, equipment, and environment.
8. Maintains general knowledge of the effects and side effects of drugs commonly used and those they are permitted to administer and principles, procedures and practices regarding drug administration.
9. Signs for all oral and topical medications she/he has administered.
10. Assists with the provision of the care to residents (within qualifications) and participates in social and activity programs in order to help meet the physical, mental, social, and spiritual needs of the residents to promote a happy, safe, and fulfilling environment.
11. Satisfies all educational in-service requirements mandated by CHI Living Communities, the department, external accrediting, and regulatory agencies.
a. Attends all mandatory in-service programs.
b. Adheres to facility policies and procedures.
c. Completes yearly online education program by deadline.
d. Attends employee meetings on a regular basis.
In addition to the essential job specific duties listed above, the Certified Medication Aide shall be required to perform all duties (essential and non-essential) in a manner consistent with the mission statement and core values (reverence, integrity, compassion, excellence) of CHI Living Communities and will be evaluated on such basis. Furthermore, every employee must abide by all campus, departmental, and safety policies, rules, and regulations.
CHI Living Communities has the right to change the job specific duties and specifications required for the position of Certified Medication Aide from time to time without prior notice.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Successful completion of Nurse Aide Training Course and Medication Aide Course. State tested by state of employment or eligible for reciprocity.
Attendance: Regular attendance is an essential part of this job.
Normal office environment
Highly confidential information
Tight time constraints
Extended visual concentration
We recognize our employees’ contributions to CHI Living Communities by offering benefit programs to enhance and preserve their work/life balance and help them protect, plan, and prepare for today and tomorrow. Benefits vary for PRN, part and full time employees, you can always check with the Human Resource Director at the Center for information. We truly believe that home is here for our residents and our employees.
Professional and Personal Growth Opportunities
CHI Living Communities supports employees’ professional and personal growth with opportunities on and off campus.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program for full and part time employees
- Online Campus Learning with Relias Learning
- Dedication to identifying and promoting people from within
CHI Living Communities recognizes that employees need time away from work to rejuvenate and have a balanced work/life.
- Employees accumulate paid time off based on hours worked
- New employees can begin to accumulate up to 160 PTO hours off
- PTO increases with additional years of service
- Time and a half is paid for work done on holidays
- Company-paid time off for jury duty
- Company-paid time off for bereavement
Health Protection for You and Your Family
CHI Living Communities offers a comprehensive health benefit package to help you improve and maintain your health and the well-being of your family with special programs for weight loss and exercise. The following benefits are available to employees working 30 hours or more a week.
- Employee medical coverage with the majority paid by CHI Living Communities
- Multiple health insurance plan options so you can select the one that works best for you and your family
- Dental Option Plan with 75% paid by CHI Living Communities - Click here to learn about Superior Dental Care Value Added Benefits
- Vision Option Plan - Learn about a special hearing aid discount program connected with the plan
- 100% Company-Paid Short-Term Disability
- 100% Company-Paid Long-Term Disability
- Learn about our Virtual Physician Visit Program
- Earn money for your HSA just by walking every day - Read more about the Motion® Program here
Plans for You and Your Family’s Future
We value our employees’ futures.
- Full-time employees benefit from company-paid life insurance valued at two times their annual salary
- All employees are eligible for the Fidelity Investments 401K Plan
- Automatic employer contribution for employees who meet the 1,000-hour requirement and are active at the end of the calendar year
- All employees are eligible for the Employee Assistance Program through Mutual of Omaha that provides confidential assistance for employees and their immediate families, if ever in need