Child Day Care Teacher, Full or Part Time - Franciscan Villa
Franciscan Villa is a senior living community that offers three levels of assisted living options, rehabilitative services, skilled nursing care and a Child Day Center for our employees and members of the community.
Franciscan Villa’s mission-driven philosophy of providing a continuum of care is guided by our core values of compassion, inclusion, integrity, excellence and collaboration.
A Child Day Care Teacher:
- Plans, schedules, implements and supervises the daily program of appropriate developmental experiences for a classroom group of children that meets our center policies as well as state and Youngstar guidelines.
- Provides care and protection for assigned children and maintains state required ratios. Administers first aid treatment and any medication authorized in writing by parent.
- Ensures necessary documentation is complete such as daily sheets, meal counts, sign in/out sheets, accident reports, lesson plans, etc.
- Participates in staff meetings, training sessions, conferences, workshops, and other career development and professional activities. Meets yearly continuing education requirements.
- Keeps all areas of the center clean and sanitary to maintain infection control and orderly, pleasant surroundings.
- Provides quality customer service to children and parents, including treating them all with dignity and respect, greeting them and maintaining confidentiality.
- Participates in Intergenerational Programs as assigned.
- Meets all physical requirements such as sitting, standing, squatting, bending, twisting, walking, pushing, pulling, moving at a fast pace and lifting sometimes over 50 pounds.
- Maintains good attendance and is flexible to work within the hours of operation.
A person hired to be a Child Day Care Teacher shall be qualified in the following ways:
- Is at least 18 years of age and has completed high school or its equivalent as determined by the Wisconsin department of public instruction.
- Has documented at least 80 full days or 120 half days of experience as an assistant child care teacher in a licensed child care center or other approved early childhood setting.
- Has completed one of the following:
- Two non-credit department-approved courses in early childhood education.
Note: Introduction to the Child Care Profession and Skills and Strategies for
the Child Care Teacher are the names of the non-credit courses approved.
- Two courses for credit in early childhood education or its equivalent from an intuition of higher education.
- Certificate from The Registry indicating teacher qualification.
- Forty-eight credits from an institution of higher education with at least 3 credits in early childhood education or its equivalent.
- A one-year child care diploma from an institution of higher education.
- An associate degree in early childhood education or child care from an institution of higher education.
- A bachelor degree in education from an institution of higher education or a license from the Wisconsin department of public instruction to act as a teacher.
- Has completed Shaken Baby Syndrome Prevention Training
- Has received Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Training for infants and children and automated external defibrillator use from an agency approved by the department or completes it within 6 months after beginning to work with children and ensures that it is kept current.
- Has received a minimum of 10 hours of training in infant and toddler care approved by the department or completes it within 6 months after assuming the position
Note: The non-credit, department-approved course that will meet this requirement is called Fundamentals of Infant and Toddler Care
- Training in WMELS and experience with Environmental Rating Scales (ITERS/ECERS) are preferred
A pre-placement health assessment, including a drug screening and background check, is required. CHI Franciscan Villa is an equal opportunity employer.
- Competitive Pay
- On-site Fitness Center
- On-site Child Day Care Center offering a staff discount
Work Time: On Call
Years of Experience: One Year
We recognize our employees’ contributions to CHI Living Communities by offering benefit programs to enhance and preserve their work/life balance and help them protect, plan, and prepare for today and tomorrow. Benefits vary for PRN, part and full time employees, you can always check with the Human Resource Director at the Center for information. We truly believe that home is here for our residents and our employees.
Professional and Personal Growth Opportunities
CHI Living Communities supports employees’ professional and personal growth with opportunities on and off campus.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program for full and part time employees
- Online Campus Learning with Relias Learning
- Dedication to identifying and promoting people from within
CHI Living Communities recognizes that employees need time away from work to rejuvenate and have a balanced work/life.
- Employees accumulate paid time off based on hours worked
- New employees can begin to accumulate up to 160 PTO hours off
- PTO increases with additional years of service
- Time and a half is paid for work done on holidays
- Company-paid time off for jury duty
- Company-paid time off for bereavement
Health Protection for You and Your Family
CHI Living Communities offers a comprehensive health benefit package to help you improve and maintain your health and the well-being of your family with special programs for weight loss and exercise. The following benefits are available to employees working 30 hours or more a week.
- Employee medical coverage with the majority paid by CHI Living Communities
- Multiple health insurance plan options so you can select the one that works best for you and your family
- Dental Option Plan with 75% paid by CHI Living Communities - Click here to learn about Superior Dental Care Value Added Benefits
- Vision Option Plan - Learn about a special hearing aid discount program connected with the plan
- 100% Company-Paid Short-Term Disability
- 100% Company-Paid Long-Term Disability
- Learn about our Virtual Physician Visit Program
- Earn money for your HSA just by walking every day - Read more about the Motion® Program here
Plans for You and Your Family’s Future
We value our employees’ futures.
- Full-time employees benefit from company-paid life insurance valued at two times their annual salary
- All employees are eligible for the Fidelity Investments 401K Plan
- Automatic employer contribution for employees who meet the 1,000-hour requirement and are active at the end of the calendar year
- All employees are eligible for the Employee Assistance Program through Mutual of Omaha that provides confidential assistance for employees and their immediate families, if ever in need