Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides resident care in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act and is responsible for the delivery of safe and therapeutic resident care from admission through discharge in collaboration with the physician, family, and other members of the multi-disciplinary health care team.
The LPN is responsible for utilizing principles of the nursing process in carrying out delegated aspects of care for both residents and families. The goal of resident care shall be toward restoring and maintaining each resident’s identified capabilities at their maximum mental and physical level.
Essential Job Specific Duties/Responsibilities:
- Maintains effective communication with residents, families, staff, and physicians.
- Completes daily shift documentation, including head-to-toe review of skilled residents.
- Functions in a calm and positive manner in an emergency or crisis situation.
- Communicates consistently with the Nurse Manager, reporting pertinent concerns/issues.
- Places necessary calls for families and physicians. Demonstrates appropriateness of faxing vs. phone calls to physicians.
- Communicates appropriately with physicians; makes rounds with physicians in absence of Nurse Manager or as delegated by Nurse Manager. Utilizes physician file appropriately.
- Reviews and teaches resident and family about pain management, including pain-rating scales and goal setting; importance of aggressive, preventive pain treatment; analgesic misconceptions; and plan for pain management.
- Assists in developing, implementing, and evaluating teaching plan to meet learning needs of residents and families.
- Participates in resident/family teaching and initiates discharge planning in a timely manner.
In addition to the essential job-specific duties listed above, the Licensed Practical Nurse shall be required to perform all duties (essential and non-essential) in a manner consistent with the mission and values (compassion, excellence, inclusion, integrity, collaboration) of CHI Living Communities and will be evaluated on such basis. Furthermore, every employee must abide by all campus, departmental, and safety policies, rules, and regulations.
We recognize our employees’ contributions to CHI Living Communities by offering benefit programs to enhance and preserve their work/life balance and help them protect, plan, and prepare for today and tomorrow. Benefits vary for PRN, part and full-time employees, you can always check with the Human Resource Director at the Center for information. We truly believe that home is here for our residents and our employees.
Professional and Personal Growth Opportunities
CHI Living Communities supports employees’ professional and personal growth with opportunities on and off campus.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program for full and part-time employees
- Online Campus Learning with Relias Learning
- Dedication to identifying and promoting people from within
CHI Living Communities recognizes that employees need time away from work to rejuvenate and have a balanced work/life.
- Employees accumulate paid time off based on hours worked
- New employees can begin to accumulate up to 160 PTO hours off
- PTO increases with additional years of service
- Time and a half is paid for work done on holidays
- Company-paid time off for jury duty
- Company-paid time off for bereavement
- On-Demand Pay
Health Protection for You and Your Family
CHI Living Communities offers a comprehensive health benefit package to help you improve and maintain your health and the well-being of your family with special programs for weight loss and exercise. The following benefits are available to employees working 30 hours or more a week.
- Employee medical coverage with the majority paid by CHI Living Communities
- Multiple health insurance plan options so you can select the one that works best for you and your family
- Dental Option Plan with 75% paid by CHI Living Communities - Click here to learn about Superior Dental Care Value Added Benefits
- Vision Option Plan - Learn about a special hearing aid discount program connected with the plan
- 100% Company-Paid Short-Term Disability
- 100% Company-Paid Long-Term Disability
- Learn about our Virtual Physician Visit Program
- Earn money for your HSA just by walking every day - Read more about the Motion® Program here
Plans for You and Your Family’s Future
We value our employees’ futures.
- Full-time employees benefit from company-paid life insurance valued at two times their annual salary
- All employees are eligible for the Fidelity Investments 401K Plan
- Automatic employer contribution for employees who meet the 1,000-hour requirement and are active at the end of the calendar year
- All employees are eligible for the Employee Assistance Program through Mutual of Omaha that provides confidential assistance for employees and their immediate families, if ever in need