Account Manager - 530587
Florida International University is a top public university that drives real talent and innovation in Miami and globally. Very high research (R1) activity and high social mobility come together at FIU to uplift and accelerate learner success in a global city by focusing in the areas of environment, health, innovation, and justice. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers. FIU serves a diverse student body of more than 56,000 and 290,000 Panther alumni. U.S. News and World Report places dozens of FIU programs among the best in the nation, including international business at No. 2. Washington Monthly Magazine ranks FIU among the top 20 public universities contributing to the public good.
Account Manager – 530587
Coordinates marketing, media relations, public relations and web/online projects that advance the objectives of the Steven J. Green School of International and Public Affairs (SIPA), which also contributes to the University's mission and goals.
- Develops and executes communications strategies, including marketing, media relations and public relations projects for SIPA.
- Creates and distributes content for programs and initiatives as assigned. Collaborates with the Division of External Relations in all collateral materials to ensure brand integrity.
- Coordinates with the Senior Director of Operations and Strategic Initiatives on analyzing and assessing plans, metrics and initiatives to meet the school's goals.
- Serves as the liaison with the Division of External Relations and participates on the University Communications Committee.
- Directs the production of SIPA's electronic newsletter and year in review report.
- Handles confidential matters concerning SIPA.
- Creates and reviews promotional and news content for Cybersecurity@FIU, the Wolfsonian Public Humanities Lab and preeminent programs at FIU.
- Writes and edits news stories and other materials; edits articles; writes headlines; secures and posts for SIPA's news items to News@FIU. Writes banners for FIU home page. Writes articles and briefs for FIU Magazine. Drafts speeches, op-eds, and columns for leadership of school. Directs the production of other print and online materials, including advertisements and videos.
- Works on social media accounts. Manages all live streaming broadcasts. Creates written, visual and multimedia content targeted towards potential donors and students. Collaborate on social media strategy to remain effective.
- Develops and executes the marketing campaigns for SIPA's strategic initiatives, including, but not limited to, graduate programs, professional graduate programs, market- rate programs, fundraising initiatives and community outreach initiatives.
- Participates in the execution of major events within SIPA, including, but not limited to, Broad Lecture Series events, donor cultivation events, VIP events and community outreach events.
- Collaborates with the Division of Advancement on fundraising communication materials, including, but not limited to, pitch pieces, news stories, donor profiles, case statements and proposals.
- Assists the Senior Director of Operations and Strategic Initiatives to manage the brand of SIPA. Ensures consistent brand execution on all marketing and communications in local, national and international arenas.
- Develops the school's website, including new content creation and opportunities for improved messaging and branding.
- Performs related duties as required and directed. The omission specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Media/Public Relations, Communications or appropriate degree and three (3) years of experience in a related field.
- Knowledge of advanced features in Microsoft Office and SharePoint.
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat.
Job Category: Administrative
Advertised Salary: $55,000 - $60,000
- Professional training and experience in journalism, public relations and/or marketing
- Experience in the production of printed and online materials.
Begin time: 8:30 AM
End time: 5:00 PM
- Criminal Background Check
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
- Ability to work occasional evenings, weekends and at locations outside of the University
For further information or to apply, please visit careers.fiu.edu and reference Job Opening ID #530587
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the University Police department at Florida International University provides information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three (3) calendar years. The FIU Annual Security report is available online at: https://police.fiu.edu/download/annual-security-fire-safety-report/.
To obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the FIU Police Department located at 885 SW 109th Avenue, Miami, FL, 33199 (PG5 Market Station).
Florida International University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.