Associate Director Physical Plant (University Architecture) 530565
Florida International University is a top public university that drives real talent and innovation in Miami and globally. Very high research (R1) activity and high social mobility come together at FIU to uplift and accelerate learner success in a global city by focusing in the areas of environment, health, innovation, and justice. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers. FIU serves a diverse student body of more than 56,000 and 290,000 Panther alumni. U.S. News and World Report places dozens of FIU programs among the best in the nation, including international business at No. 2. Washington Monthly Magazine ranks FIU among the top 20 public universities contributing to the public good.
Associate Director Physical Plant (University Architecture) – 530565
Provides support and advice to the Director of Facilities Planning and assists in the direction of the campus and physical planning activities of Facilities Management. Including actions necessary to define requirements for capital improvements for all land managed by Florida International University. These activities include campus master planning, capital improvement planning, preparation of legislative budget requests, building programs, and special projects related to campus planning.
- Manages and oversees the process of selecting professional Architect/Engineering (AE) consultants and Construction Management firms according to state statutes and Board of Governors (BOG) regulations; provide information about projects to prospective A/E, Construction Management (CM) firms and students about potential projects. Generates advertisements, fact sheet, and project criteria in preparation of Request for Proposals. Disseminates program information to A/E's and CM's in response to Requests for Clarifications.
- Assists in Master Planning for all FIU campuses; attends public Master Plan hearings as required. Assists in coordinating & implementing Master Plan documents for all University campus locations. Assists in implementing, maintaining, and finalizing all Campus Development Agreements. Represents FIU and participates in intergovernmental agency forums, Miami-Dade county meetings, City of North Miami meetings, Miami Dade Transit corridor development meetings, DOT Multi-Modal Studies and design workshops.
- Develops major project Facilities Programs; produces feasibility studies and images for projects with potential donors. Assists the Director in coordinating and generating and developing conceptual drawings and imaging for special projects. Manages and coordinates meetings and tasks for special projects. Monitors progress of projects high in priority on the Capital Improvement Program to assure timeliness in programming, advertising of consultants, and contract negotiations in conjunction with appropriation of funds. Generates, coordinates and reviews building programs to meet university guidelines; conducts and/or moderate meetings and discussions with University Administrators, Deans and Faculty. Interfaces with design and construction professionals as well as State and Local governmental agencies; generate design and construction budgets for major projects.
- Provides the Director of Facilities Planning support in developing and implementing the Department's goals and objectives working closely with all Facilities Management work units, General Counsel's office to coordinate regulatory support to the University. Assists in implementing, maintaining, and finalizing all Campus Development Agreements.
- Conducts and/or moderates meetings and discussions with University Administrators, Deans and Faculty. Interfaces with design and construction professionals as well as State and Local governmental agencies. Generates design and construction budgets for major projects.
- Performs statistical and financial analysis related to master planning, the capital improvement plan, space analysis and other planning related functions.
- Provides oversight and guidance to graduate design student interns employed by the department. This effort focuses on the development of 3D computer modelling of the campus exterior using BIM Revit and Trimble Sketchup software.
- Bachelor's degree in appropriate field and six (6) years of relevant experience or a Master's degree and four (4) years of relevant experience.
- Certification and license from the State of Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation as Architect.
Job Category: Administrative
Advertised Salary: $105,000 - $120,000
Begin time: 8:30 AM
End time: 5:00 PM
- Fieldwork or Surveys Off-Campus
- Operating University Vehicles (all types)
- Required to spend 50% or more of time operating a computer
- Exposure to high places, hazardous conditions, equipment and situations.
- May occasionally be required to work outdoors.
- Criminal Background Check
- Driver's License Check
- Ability to travel locally and nationally.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
- Ability to work occasional evenings, weekends and at locations outside of the University
- Travel to FIU Campus
- Must be available 24/7 for possible emergency situations.
For further information or to apply, please visit careers.fiu.edu and reference Job Opening ID #530565
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the University Police department at Florida International University provides information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three (3) calendar years. The FIU Annual Security report is available online at: https://police.fiu.edu/download/annual-security-fire-safety-report/.
To obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the FIU Police Department located at 885 SW 109th Avenue, Miami, FL, 33199 (PG5 Market Station).
Florida International University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.