Financial Analyst 2 - 527912
Florida International University is classified by Carnegie as a R1: Doctoral Universities - Highest Research Activity and recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. It is a public research university with colleges and schools that offers 196 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs in fields such as engineering, computer science, international relations, architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida’s anchor institutions, FIU contributes almost $9 billion each year to the local economy. FIU is Worlds Ahead in finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission. FIU has awarded more than 220,000 degrees and enrolls more than 54,000 students in two campuses and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell, FIU@I-75, and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. FIU’s Medina Aquarius Program houses the Aquarius Reef Base, a unique underwater research facility in the Florida Keys. FIU also supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA and more than 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. For more information about FIU, visit http://www.fiu.edu/.
Financial Analyst 2 - 527912
Follows established procedures and performs detailed accounting assignments under the direction of senior accounting personnel. Applies federal, state and/or University guidelines, policies, and procedures to compile, monitor, analyze, reconcile and report on financial operations for budgeting, forecasting, and financial performance purposes regarding departmental activities within the Office of Business Services.
- Processes and reviews a broad range of departmental financial transactions (i.e., invoicing, remote deposits, creating purchase requisitions, smart billing, internal transfers, unencumbered forms, pro-card, etc.). Reconciles designated departmental balance sheet accounts as needed.
- Provides general guidance to support staff ensuring transactions comply with federal, state and/or University guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains records of revenue and expenses for all departmental activities and reconciles revenue components with established executed contracts. This includes maintenance of records for multiyear contracts involving capital expenditures.
- Participates in the month-end accounting close process by a compiling numerous revenue and expenses for proper accruals, billing, and chargebacks. This involves calculations in MS Excel, review, and verification for accuracy of data.
- Manages the aging/collections process by maintenance/reconciliation of ARBI accounts receivable with the QuickBooks sub-ledger at the customer level
- Routinely runs reports and queries in Oracle-PeopleSoft financials and may provide advice/technical assistance about financial issues.
- Oversight of MARC Building finance and the annual budget of the building. This involves new PFS activities (one for operations and one for reserves), additional budget and programming to account for billing of various license agreements and routine management of utilities, repairs and maintenance, capital improvements tracking with facilities.
- Performs complex business analysis for departmental activities, comparing actual results to budget, calculating budget variances, and analyzing trends as needed.
- Generates and distributes internal/external vendor invoices/credits accurately and timely, promptly reconciles any differences with source data.
- Drives and implements new process changes to run reports, queries, and foster continuous process improvement within the department.
- Assists with special projects, departmental audit activities, serve as a liaison to the University community for specialized issues as needed.
- Performs essential duties in any emergencies such as hurricanes, public health emergencies, and/or any other university emergency closing. The employee is expected to be available to report to work as needed during university emergency closing with appropriate notification of a department administrator.
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline and two (2) years of experience in related field or Master's degree in related discipline
- Experience working in Higher Education
- Knowledge of QuickBooks.
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet applications (Excel) and other personal computer applications (Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Bachelor in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration or Master of Business Administration (MBA).
- Detail understanding of financial statements.
Job Category: Administrative
Advertised Salary : $55,000 - $60,000
- Begin time: 8:30 AM
- End time: 5:00 PM
- Criminal Background Check
- Driver's License Check
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
For further information or to apply, please visit careers.fiu.edu and reference Job Opening ID # 527912
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the University Police department at Florida International University provides information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three (3) calendar years. The FIU Annual Security report is available online at: https://police.fiu.edu/download/annual-security-fire-safety-report/.
To obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the FIU Police Department located at 885 SW 109th Avenue, Miami, FL, 33199 (PG5 Market Station).
Florida International University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.