Patient Client Access Representative
Patient Client Access Representative
Florida International University is Miami’s public research university, focused on student success. According to U.S. News and World Report, FIU has 42 top-50 rankings in the nation among public universities. FIU is a top U.S. research university (R1), with more than $200 million in annual expenditures. FIU ranks 15th in the nation among public universities for patent production, which drives innovation, and is one of the institutions that helps make Florida the top state for higher education. The Next Horizon fundraising campaign is furthering FIU’s commitment to providing students Worlds Ahead opportunities. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers, and supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA, with more than 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. The university has awarded more than 330,000 degrees to many leaders in South Florida and beyond. For more information about FIU, visit www.fiu.edu.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Patient Client Access Rep to join our team of professionals:
- Answers and screens incoming calls in a professional, courteous and timely manner. Takes phone messages when necessary and properly informs appropriate personnel/department in a timely fashion and ensures calls are routed properly. Greets and direct patients and visitors for appointments, tests, and meetings utilizing effective customer service techniques.
- Handles sensitive cardholder information and/or processes credit cards/cash transactions.
- Serves as back up in advising patients regarding appointments, instructions and special test preparations. As needed schedules hospital admissions and outpatient surgical and diagnostic testing /procedures after applicable prior authorizations obtained and coverage is verified. Utilizes available information systems and other mechanisms to document prior authorization process required by each managed care organization/third party
- Performs other related duties as required or directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Collects payment due at time of visit as well as payment for unpaid balances; prepare receipt for funds collected and provide copy to patient. Counsels patients on unpaid balances from previous visits and request payment on unpaid Collects and posts fees in the practice management system and according to standard operating procedure. Prepares and balances daily financial register and submit all forms and fees to the FIU Health Care Network Business Manager or designee. Maintains and reports statistics as requested.
- Opens, screens, and distributes mail, organizing according to Mails clinical correspondence for physician(s). Registers first time patients, verify demographics and update accordingly in the patient management system and as per standard operating procedure. Registers established patients according to standard operating procedures. Verifies eligibility and benefits of scheduled patients, and gain service authorizations as requested by the Practice/Office Manager.
- Assists patients in accurately completing appropriate forms and document all information according to standard operating procedures. Schedules appointments for patients (in person and over the phone) according to established procedures, utilizing the practice management system. Provides the patient with an appointment reminder card. Makes appointment reminder call to patients according to department procedures. Prepares and processes patient medical records requests according to department procedures.
- Prepares closing procedures according to office protocols. Ensures readiness of the reception area for each workday and have all front desk activities fully operational at the start of business hours. Arranges for repair and maintenance of equipment and furnishings. Participates in staff and educational meetings.
- Understands need for flexible work schedule to meet departmental needs. This can include special evening and weekend events on or off campus. In addition, travel between FIU sites, Broward General Medical Center, and additional locations between Miami-Dade and Broward County may be required.
High school diploma or GED.
One (1) year of experience in a medical office environment preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID JOB ID: 531016
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access, Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.