Professional Accountant 1 - 528266
Professional Accountant 1 - 528266
Florida International University is Miami’s public research university, focused on student success. According to U.S. News and World Report, FIU has 42 top-50 rankings in the nation among public universities. FIU is a top U.S. research university (R1), with more than $200 million in annual expenditures. FIU ranks 15th in the nation among public universities for patent production, which drives innovation, and is one of the institutions that helps make Florida the top state for higher education. The Next Horizon fundraising campaign is furthering FIU’s commitment to providing students Worlds Ahead opportunities. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers, and supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA, with more than 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. The university has awarded more than 330,000 degrees to many leaders in South Florida and beyond. For more information about FIU, visit www.fiu.edu.
For further information or to apply online visit our website at careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID # 528266
Works with various levels of management to ensure the effective and efficient financials operations of the Athletics department business office. Assists with the development, interpretation, and implementation of accounting concepts or techniques related to strategic planning, budgeting, forecasting, and financial performance.
- Assists in the overall day-to-day financial operations of the Athletics Operation, Athletics Finance Corporation, and Athletics Foundation.
- Processes journal entries, inter-company billing, and invoice processing. Maintains and updates monthly reports.
- Assists with the management and reconciliation of facilities rentals for external events.
- Provides expense oversight and procurement for FIU Football home games.
- Processes payments and deposits, maintains logs and reconciliations, handles cash and check transactions, as needed
- Provides general guidance to support staff to ensure transactions are in compliance with federal, state and/or University guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Manages the day-to-day operation and the workload of Athletics Foundation.
- Works closely with the Development Officers to manage donor accounts receivable, will be expected to assist with communication to donors on collection of past due balances.
- Works closely with the Development Officers and contact donors for pledge reminders.
- Works with the Office of the Controller to reconcile quarter end balance sheet accounts.
- Adheres to all State of Florida, University, NCAA, Conference USA, and department rules and policies pertaining to the position of Professional Accountant 1. Reports any known NCAA violations or concerns to the Director of Athletic Compliance and be responsible for the monitoring of any subordinate as it relates to NCAA regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Bachelor's degree in an area of specialization and 6 credits in Accounting and one (1) year of accounting-related experience.
- $ 40,000 to 50,000
- Criminal Background Check
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
Florida Statute 1010.35 - Screening Foreign Researchers
Pursuant to Florida law, any citizen of a foreign county who is not a permanent resident of the U.S., or who is a citizen or permanent resident but is affiliated with or has had at least 1 year of employment or training in China, Russia, Iran, North Korea, Cuba, Venezuela, or Syria is subject to additional screening. Applicants meeting those criteria will be required to provide the following information in the application: every institution of higher education attended; all previous employment since the applicant’s 18th birthday; list of all published material, current and pending research funding from any source, including details about the research, your role, funding source, and amount; list and description of any non-university professional activities; any affiliation with an institution or program in a foreign country; a complete copy of your passport; the most recently submitted DS-160 (Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application).
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the University Police department at Florida International University provides information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three (3) calendar years. The FIU Annual Security report is available online at: https://police.fiu.edu/download/annual-security-fire-safety-report/.
To obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the FIU Police Department located at 885 SW 109th Avenue, Miami, FL, 33199 (PG5 Market Station).
Florida International University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status