Program Specialist - 527885
Program Specialist - 527885
Florida International University is recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. It is a public research university with colleges and schools that offers more than 180 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs in fields such as engineering, international relations, architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida’s anchor institutions, FIU contributes $9.8 billion each year to the local economy. FIU is Worlds Ahead in finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission. FIU has awarded over 200,000 degrees and enrolls more than 54,000 students in two campuses and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell, FIU @ I-75, and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. FIU also supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: the Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA and has over 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. For more information about FIU, visit http://www.fiu.edu/.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Program Specialist to join our team of professionals.
- Assists with specific activities, tasks, and assignments for the Office of Diversity, Equity, Inclusivity, and Community Initiatives (ODEICI).
- Assists the development, scheduling, and implementation of new and ongoing diversity related programs, such as, but not limited to, the Diversity Council, faculty development activities, networking events, and other Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI) programming.
- Performs administrative duties supporting instruction/training, such as the development and editing of training materials and researching.
- Monitors status of ODI projects, by providing regular status reports and maintaining databases of all diversity related activities. Performs basic statistical calculations on data for reports and presentations.
- Networks to build campus relationships to expedite work and projects. Serves as primary contact and/or resource to outside parties, such as vendors, government agencies, and top-level administrators.
- Provides assistance in tracking expenditures and reconciling expenses. Assists in the coordination/preparation of strategic plans in support of the programs or service.
- Organizes and maintains confidential files.
- Initiates and coordinates all personnel transactions for ODEICI.
- Oversees the payroll activities for accuracy and completeness on a biweekly basis.
- Responsible for developing and updating all ODI related materials, brochures, websites and flyers. Assists with annual updates of the ODI website, and all promotional materials. Manages social media account.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
High school diploma or GED and six (6) years of office or related experience coordinating functions of an office or department.
- Previous experience in an academic or community-based organization.
- Strong writing and editing skills desired.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID JOB ID: 527885. Qualified applicants must submit a letter of interest accompanying their curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three professional references.
Florida Statute 1010.35 - Screening Foreign Researchers
Pursuant to Florida law, any citizen of a foreign county who is not a permanent resident of the U.S., or who is a citizen or permanent resident but is affiliated with or has had at least 1 year of employment or training in China, Russia, Iran, North Korea, Cuba, Venezuela, or Syria is subject to additional screening. Applicants meeting those criteria will be required to provide the following information in the application: every institution of higher education attended; all previous employment since the applicant’s 18th birthday; list of all published material, current and pending research funding from any source, including details about the research, your role, funding source, and amount; list and description of any non-university professional activities; any affiliation with an institution or program in a foreign country; a complete copy of your passport; the most recently submitted DS-160 (Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application).
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the University Police department at Florida International University provides information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three (3) calendar years. The FIU Annual Security report is available online at: https://police.fiu.edu/download/annual-security-fire-safety-report/.
To obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the FIU Police Department located at 885 SW 109th Avenue, Miami, FL, 33199 (PG5 Market Station).
Florida International University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.