Social Media Manager - 531004
Florida International University is a top public university that drives real talent and innovation in Miami and globally. Very high research (R1) activity and high social mobility come together at FIU to uplift and accelerate learner success in a global city by focusing in the areas of environment, health, innovation, and justice. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers. FIU serves a diverse student body of more than 56,000 and 290,000 Panther alumni. U.S. News and World Report places dozens of FIU programs among the best in the nation, including international business at No. 2. Washington Monthly Magazine ranks FIU among the top 20 public universities contributing to the public good.
Social Media Manager - 531004
Leads social media efforts, initiatives, and campaigns for The Wolfsonian FIU, an art and design museum in Miami Beach and part of Florida International University. Propose and develop creative content for social feeds, engage with followers and fans, help craft a social media strategy, and raise awareness and enthusiasm for the museum and its collection within online communities.
- Develops and executes social media campaigns and posts that align with the museum's broader strategic goals, brand identity, audience engagement efforts, and signature intellectual style.
- Manages a social media calendar and production schedule that balances multiple projects, deadlines, and timelines at once. Creates regular reports on user engagement across social media channels.
- Analyzes campaign performance and makes recommendations to adjust strategy in ways that are pragmatic, sustainable, and responsive to audience needs and interests.
- Serves as The Wolfsonian's social voice and manages social media engagement, including fielding questions from the public, responding to comments quickly, and flagging concerns/abuse with relevant staff or via platforms as appropriate. Interacts with Non-English speakers.
- Investigates and shapes content ideas in collaboration with other departments. Follows industry trends and strategies employed by similar institutions (or beyond). Identifies stories within The Wolfsonian and its collection that have clear audiences in mind and suit platform-specific social engagement strategies.
- Connects with online communities to broaden institutional reach and impact. Oversees social media advertising and promotes posts to reach target audiences. Monitors online reviews on Google, Yelp, TripAdvisor.
- Liaises with Strategic Communications, Government and External Affairs (SCGEA) at FIU, third-party agencies, and partner organizations on all matters relating to social media.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or related field and three (3) years of experience working with social media in a communications, marketing, or public relations setting.
- Must submit a link to a portfolio and/or reel.
- Proficient in videography, photography, audio recording, and editing of all categories.
- Experience with social media content development, platforms, analytics, and reporting.
- Knowledge of current trends and best practices for social media.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Experience in online community building for cultural organizations. Experience steering social media strategy.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, photography, and/or videography a plus.
- Knowledge of industry discussions surrounding fair use and institutional risk and responsibility.
Job Category: Administrative
Advertised Salary: $55,000-$65,000
Begin time: 9:00AM
End time: 5:30PM
- Criminal Background Check
- Fingerprinting Check
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
- This is a time-limited appointment which may be terminated at any time with 30 days’ notice.
For further information or to apply, please visit careers.fiu.edu and reference Job Opening ID # 531004
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the University Police department at Florida International University provides information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three (3) calendar years. The FIU Annual Security report is available online at: https://police.fiu.edu/download/annual-security-fire-safety-report/.
To obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the FIU Police Department located at 885 SW 109th Avenue, Miami, FL, 33199 (PG5 Market Station).
Florida International University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.