Director of JD Admissions
The George Mason University Antonin Scalia Law School’s Admissions Office seeks a Director of JD Admissions. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
About the School:
To educate students to become lawyers, the George Mason University Antonin Scalia Law School has designated a curriculum that addresses three of the most pressing requirements of contemporary legal practice: facility with economic and quantitative methods, the increasing need for specialization, and a thorough grounding in fundamental skills of legal research, writing & analysis. George Mason University’s Antonin Scalia Law School is located in Arlington, VA, just two miles from downtown Washington, D.C. Antonin Scalia Law School is a Top 50 law school. A relatively young law school, Scalia Law offers students an opportunity to pursue a JD, JM, or an LLM.
About the Position:
The Director of JD Admissions will work under the supervision of the Assistant Dean of Admissions and Enrollment Management and in conjunction with the Admissions Office staff, the faculty Admissions Committee, the Career and Academic Services Office, the Financial Aid Office, the Records Office, and other departments within the University to carry out the work of the Admissions Office.
- Evaluate applications and make admissions recommendations to the Assistant Dean, ensuring timely turnaround of admissions decisions;
- Develop and administer scholarship strategies in awarding and processing scholarships for admitted students;
- Prepare, review, and analyze reports on admissions decisions and scholarship awards;
- Manage Scalia Law’s Interview Program, including supervising alumni interviewers and application readers;
- Attend national and regional recruiting events, which will require overnight, weekday, and weekend travel;
- Coordinate law school’s recruitment effort for JD students, including planning and implementation of all prospective and yield recruiting campaigns and events;
- Lead the transfer admission process;
- Serve as a liaison to departments such as the library, technology department, career services office, and others in relation to JD matriculation;
- Ensure the Admissions Office’s scholarship, expenses, and communication budget is on track; involves consulting with the Assistant Dean and providing various reports;
- Manage day-to-day admissions matters of the JD Admissions team, overseeing the work-flow and assignment of responsibilities; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- JD or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience;
- Significant experience in admissions, pre-law advising, or other university affairs setting, preferably related to legal education;
- Demonstrated, effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated, effective planning and project management skills; and
- Demonstrated organizational, administrative, and interpersonal skills that indicate an ability to work independently as well as part of the team.
- Experience with ACES2; and
- Experience with Banner.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number FA99EZ at https://jobs.gmu.edu; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three work-related professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.