MaintenanceMantee Co Port Authority
Port Manatee is seeking two
full-time maintenance positions.
(1) HVAC / Refrigeration - repair & maintenance experience required
(1) Maintenance Specialist III – must be experienced with all
maintenance skills including
plumbing, electrical, carpentry, welding, etc. Both candidates must be able to perform a variety of duties in maintenance field and be
available for call outs for vessel dockings/sailings at various hours.
Port Manatee is the closest U.S. deepwater seaport to the Panama Canal, serving bulk, breakbulk, container, heavylift, project and general cargo customers. The port generates more than $2.3 billion in annual economic impact for the local community, while supporting more than 24,000 jobs, without the benefit of ad-valorem taxes.
Port Manatee handles up to approximately 8 million tons of cargo each year representing a diverse range of import and export commodities.
Primary imports include:
- Tropical fruits and vegetables
- Citrus juices and beverages
- Forestry products
- Refined petroleum products
- Finished phosphate fertilizers
- Non-ferrous metals
- Cement and cement clinker
- Project cargo such as power plant and bridge components, heavy machinery and over-sized vehicles
Primary exports include:
- Finished phosphate products
- Citrus Juices
- Construction and road building equipment
- Used vehicles
- LNG Heat Exchangers
- Power Generation Units