Maintenance Technician IIIMantee Co Port Authority
Port Manatee is seeking a
full-time Maintenance Technician III.
Complete job description posted at
Email resume to John Moore
firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 13, 2019.
Full Job Description:
This classification performs a variety of skilled and semi-skilled maintenance, construction and
mechanical maintenance duties of high difficulty, which may include repair and installation tasks.
Normally work independently or with other Maintenance Technicians. May oversee and train
Maintenance Tech I’s and/or trainee.
Indoor/ outdoor environment. Must be capable of strenuous labor in all weather conditions.
Must be available for 24- hour call- out. Able to lift equipment up to 50lbs alone and up to 100lbs
These are intended only as illustration of the various types of work performed. The omission of
specific duties does not exclude them from the position.
• Responsible for performing skilled and semi-skilled tasks in maintaining, repairing and
operating equipment and facilities associated with the operations at Port Manatee.
Perform various skill functions in maintaining port equipment, building and grounds.
Performs minor electrical, plumbing, torching, welding, painting, masonry work, roofing,
flooring and routine vehicle and equipment maintenance. Must be able to operate hand
and power tools as well as heavy equipment. Perform line-handling duties and other
related work as required.
• Able to train new technicians in the proper use of all required equipment.
• Can perform tasks competently on job sites without direct supervision.
• Organize and prepare parts and tools for the day’s work. Maintain daily work records and
complete reports on work activities to ensure job-site safety.
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent certificate of competency. A minimum of 5 years’
experience in a related field according to the area of assignment. A valid Florida driver’s license.
Equivalent combination and experience may be considered.
KNOWLWDGE , ABILITIES, AND SKILLS.
• Knowledge of at least two related fields.
• Knowledge of safety and health precautions associated with the job.
• Ability to direct and train others and establish and maintain effective working
relationships with co-workers and the general public.
• Ability to understand and carry out written instructions.
• Ability to understand and carry out daily record keeping.