Staff EngineerMantee Co Port Authority
Port Manatee is seeking a
full-time entry-level staff engineer position.
STAFF ENGINEER, DEPARTMENT OF ENGINEERING, PLANNING AND
The occupant of this position performs office and field technical engineering work related to
planning, engineering and environmental functions, starting at entry level, with an emphasis on
These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed, not to exclude
similar, related duties. Duties that are not normally performed by the classification may be
occasionally or temporarily assigned based on needs.
• Assist the Senior Director/Port Engineer, Department of Engineering, Planning and
Environmental Affairs with his duties.
• Plan, manage and execute assigned projects.
• Create, manage, edit and plot AutoCAD and ArcGIS files.
• Plan and conduct engineering research, field studies, inspections including compliance
inspections, and plan evaluations.
• Prepare technical documentation and compose reports.
• Interpret and utilize complex engineering techniques in the solution of problems
encountered in the area of assignment.
• Participate in procurement of professional and construction services.
• Monitor, evaluate and ensure contract and environmental compliance.
• Produce and arrange for graphic products.
• Communicate clearly, effectively and tactfully with correct English grammar, orally and
in writing (including correspondence and preparation and presentation of reports and
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Work emergency situations (including weather and other extreme conditions) as required.
• Work diligently and at a high production rate to meet hard, reasonable, needed deadlines.
• Manage numerous varied overlapping tasks.
• Use available applicable equipment and computer hardware and software.
• Perform other duties as requested.
• Work always for and in the best interest of the Port in honesty and integrity.
• Engineering Degree in a related discipline.
• Knowledge, ability and experience related to the job duties.
• Valid driver's license with valid Florida driver's license within 30 days of hire.
• Established persistent honesty and integrity.
• Strong work ethic.
• Ability to understand and learn the job quickly.
• Ability to produce work product accurately and neatly.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, orally and in writing.
• Ability to work at a single workstation for extended periods.
• Ability to work in the field for extended periods.
Starting salary $50,000 - $70,000, depending on qualifications. Annual opportunity to increase
based on merit. Opportunity for development of capabilities and advancement in responsibilities.
Excellent benefits, including Manatee County YourChoice health insurance and benefits and
Florida Retirement System (FRS).
Email resume by November 8, 2019.