Healthcare Products and Services Program Manager
Job Class: Administrative Planning Director State
Working Title: Healthcare Products and Services Program Manager
- Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
- Date Posted: 07/12/2022
- Closing Date: 08/01/2022
- Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Administration Dept / Administration-MMA
- Division/Unit: Payroll / MMCAP Program
- Work Shift/Work Hours:Day Shift
- Days of Work:Monday-Friday
- Travel Required: No
- Salary Range: $36.72 - $52.79/hourly; $76,671 - $110,225/annually
- Classified Status: Classified
- Bargaining Unit/Union: 216 - Middle Management Association/MMA
- FLSA Status: Exempt - Executive
- Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
The Minnesota Multistate Contracting Alliance for Pharmacy (MMCAP) seeks a Health Products and Services Program Manager to provide leadership and direction to the Healthcare Products and Services (HPS) Program and its expanding lines of business offerings. The Manager serves on the executive leadership team; using market intelligence and customer input, identifies and prioritizes new lines of business; oversees deployment and pricing strategies; manages and directs HPS staff in developing, implementing and administering line of business contract offerings; assesses HPS vendors and distributors, potential affiliating GPOs and members; and coordinates with other program managers to evaluate and ensure that HPS program goals and objectives are integrated with and compliment other program objectives.
MMCAP’s primary function is to provide a full range of contracted pharmaceuticals and healthcare products and services to its participating facilities. MMCAP delivers these services through the following four multi-state programs: Healthcare Products and Services (HPS) Program, Pharmacy Program, Pharmaceutical Distribution Program, and Clinical Pharmacy Program.
- Three years of experience working for a medical supply/non-pharmacy or pharmacy benefit management company, health insurance company handling medical supply/non-pharmaceutical or pharmacy claims, medical supply/non-pharmaceutical or pharmaceutical wholesaler or GPO, or for any organization where medical supplies and healthcare products and services purchasing was a primary duty.
- Knowledge or technical background in medical supplies, HPS, or pharmaceuticals.
- Supervisory or leadwork experience.
- Experience with program development and administration.
- Advanced communication (oral and written), negotiation, and analytical skills with ability to display strong critical thinking.
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis skills sufficient to critique, evaluate and improve program outcomes.
- Math sufficient to compute, recommend and resolve complex HPS line of business product, service, volume and pricing agreements.
- Advanced problem solving skills, resourcefulness and tact in achieving compliance.
- Strong human relations skills and diplomacy to persuade stakeholders, members, wholesalers, and other distribution professionals.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and make decisions in a variety of situations and circumstances.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work closely with others, in a team setting, in the distribution and sharing or work tasks to meet customer needs.
- Skilled in the use of various common PC tools, i.e., databases, spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel) and word processors (Microsoft Word), presentations (Microsoft PowerPoint), and Microsoft Outlook.
- Degree or a certification demonstrating a deep understanding of medical supplies, HPS, or pharmaceuticals.
- Ability to learn quickly the HPS line of business terminology.
- Previous experience working with medical supplies and/or HPS manufacturers.
- Inventory management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and react quickly and efficiently to emergencies or situations that require an immediate response.
Successful applicants must pass a criminal background check through American Databank and employment reference checks.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Our differences make us stronger and leveraging them helps us create a workforce where everyone can thrive. The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to embedding diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility at our workplace. We do this by developing strong leaders and advocates, increasing cultural competence and understanding among all employees, and removing institutional barriers and attitudes that prevent employees from advancing as far as their talents will take them. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, familial status, receipt of public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, or age.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply to the MN Careers website http://www.mn.gov/careers Job ID 57177. Applications not submitted through the Careers site will not be accepted.
If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance you need.