Line of Business Coordinator
Job Class: State Program Administrator Principal
Working Title: Line of Business Coordinator
- Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers. Please note that we will be filling up to two vacancies with this posting.
- Date Posted: 11/01/2022
- Closing Date: 12/14/2022
- Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Administration Dept / Administration-MAPE
- Division/Unit: OSP/Healthcare Product & Service
- Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
- Days of Work: M-F
- Travel Required: No
- Salary Range: $28.96 - $42.67/hourly; $60,468 - $89,094/annually
- Classified Status: Classified
- Bargaining Unit/Union: 214 - MN Assoc of Professional Empl/MAPE
- FLSA Status: Exempt - Administrative
- Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
MMCAP Infuse seeks a Line of Business Coordinator to develop, implement and administer multiple Healthcare Products and Services (HPS)-related lines of business. The incumbent reports to the HPS Program Manager and works directly with HPS contract support, MMCAP Infuse contracted vendors, potential vendors, MMCAP Infuse Members and potential Members, and MMCAP Infuse program managers, Senior Account Executives and staff.
Current Healthcare Products and Services programs include: Animal Health, Condoms, Dental Products and Services, Drug Testing Products and Services, Incontinence, Medical Products and Equipment.
Job duties include:
- Managing lines of business goals and objectives so that the portfolio of healthcare products and services meet member expectations and needs.
- Performing monthly review of HPS programs data analytics and taking appropriate action.
- Coordinating, drafting and delivering line of business product and services RFPs.
- Negotiating and implementing contracts.
- Coordinating and managing contract compliance and customer service.
- Identifying and assessing member needs and requirements for various lines of business.
- Establishing teams to assist in screening, evaluating and selecting vendors for contracting opportunities.
- Negotiating of prices and terms for products and services.
- Monitoring data analytics, identifying HPS trends and issues within lines of business.
- Developing HPS Program, driving value, and improving overall quality.
- Four (4) years of professional experience working for a pharmacy or healthcare products and services company, for a health insurance company handling pharmacy or medical related claims, for a pharmaceutical or healthcare products and services wholesaler or GPO, or for any organization where pharmaceutical or health care purchasing was a primary job duty. A Bachelor’s degree may substitute for one year of professional work experience.
- Knowledge or technical background in medical supplies, HPS, or pharmaceuticals.
- Strong communication (oral and written), negotiation, and analytical skills with the ability to display strong critical thinking.
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis skills sufficient to critique, evaluate and improve program outcomes.
- Math sufficient to compute, recommend and manage complex HPS line of business product, service, volume and pricing agreements.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Strong human relations skills and diplomacy to persuade stakeholders, members, wholesalers, and other distribution professionals.
- Strong problem-solving skills, resourcefulness and tact in achieving compliance.
- Ability to understand legal terminology.
- Ability to work in a team environment, organize work, be a self-starter, and multitask.
- Ability to quickly master and use new computer systems and applications.
- Ability to gather technical requirements, prepare proposals, and manage the implementation of HPS Programs, from vendor onboarding, operations, marketing and sales efforts.
- Degree or certification demonstrating a deep understanding of medical supplies, HPS, or pharmaceuticals.
- Knowledge of inventory management and/or contract management software.
- Professional experience using database tools.
- Ability to learn quickly the HPS lines of business terminology.
- Experience working with medical supplies and/or HPS manufacturers and distributors or distribution channels.
- Knowledge of advanced business acumen and methods.
- Public sector experience, ideally in a government agency setting.
- Experience in Group Purchasing Organizations.
- Experience with Tableau software.
- Ability to react quickly to emergencies or situations that require an immediate response.
Successful applicants must pass a criminal background check through American Databank and employment reference checks prior to employment.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Our differences make us stronger and leveraging them helps us create a workforce where everyone can thrive. The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to embedding diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility at our workplace. We do this by developing strong leaders and advocates, increasing cultural competence and understanding among all employees, and removing institutional barriers and attitudes that prevent employees from advancing as far as their talents will take them. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, familial status, receipt of public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, or age.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply to the MN Careers website http://www.mn.gov/careers Job ID 60181. Applications not submitted through the Careers site will not be accepted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance you need.