Director of the Business Office
Director of the Business Office
POSITION REPORTS TO: Controller
MISSION: To provide needed oversight and assistance to all accounting office personnel and administrative support to the Controller.
Supervision of Business Office Staff
Objective: To foster and maintain adequate training, teamwork and high morale among accounting office Staff
- Responsible for adequate training of new hires in accounting office
- Responsible for cross training of accounting office personnel
- Review to ensure that internal controls are in place and functioning
- Available to accounting staff for questions and support
- Willingness to serve as mentor in training staff for possible promotions within department and continuity of operations
- Act as liaison with other departments for accounting department
Supervision of Business Office Operations
Objective: To manage all functions of the Business office and to maintain efficiency and thoroughness in all accounting areas
- Review daily work from Contributions, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Payroll
- Review cash reports
- Review Accounts Payable select payments/outstanding invoice listing
- Assure that all detail items agree with General Ledger, and/or review reconciliation’s for reasonable explanations for differences
- Responsible for month end closing details, ensuring posting of standard entries occurring on a timely basis
- Review use of proper account numbers to ensure that they are logical
- Oversight of Power Campus charge/credit code tables.
- Oversight of Power Campus for General ledger for correct processing of accounts receivable
- Review payroll interface with the General Ledger
- Review purchases to ensure that budgets are properly followed
- Bank account reconciliations
- Familiarity with General Ledger to insure prompt preparation of trial balances
- Budget reports disbursed quarterly to departments heads and track reviews
- Monitor the institutions cash flow needs
- Administration of institutions PCard system
- Interact with IT in the updating of all accounting office systems
Special and Cyclical Projects
Objective: To insure completion of all special projects in an efficient manner with highest degree of accuracy
- Assist in preparation of budget information work papers
- Provide department heads with information necessary for budget preparation and projection
- Close and roll forward the General Ledger each July.
- Assist in review of budget and General Ledger accounts for out of ordinary activity or items each quarter
- Maintain data base for annuities on Crescendo Pro Admin program and generate all annuity payments
- Act as custodian of all underlying annuity contracts – active and expired
- Oversee management of all Charitable Remainder Unitrust’s
- Oversee preparation and distribution 1099’s 1098T’s and W2s.
- Oversight of Great Plains system for integrity of information
- Assist in yearly audit preparation.
- Maintain General Ledger accounts in Great Plains and Power Campus.
- Set up new contribution projects in Power Campus
- House all institutional contracts
Specific Job Requirements
- Extreme Confidentiality
- Computer literate, knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Familiar with MBC operations, policies and personnel
- Ability to mentor and work with subordinates with the goal of ensuring continuity of procedures within system
- Detail oriented with demonstrated organizational skills
- Mature work habits; industrious, dependable, ability to utilize work time efficiently and effectively
- Flexibility, proven ability to get along with fellow employees and students – No more than 5% unpaid, unapproved absenteeism annually
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Because we believe that professionally qualified, committed Christian personnel are key to the operation of a truly Christian college and seminary, and that not only teachers, but all employees, by the pattern of their lives, serve as role models to our students, the job descriptions for all employment positions at Multnomah Bible College and Biblical Seminary contain the following statements relating to required personal qualities:
General Employment Requirements
- The employee will have received Jesus Christ as his/her personal Savior, John 1:12.
- The employee will be in basic agreement with the institution’s doctrinal statement.
- The employee will believe that the Bible is God’s Word and standard for faith and daily living, 2 Timothy 3:16,17
- The employee will be a Christian role model in attitude, speech, and actions toward others. This includes being committed to God’s biblical standards for morality and sexual conduct, 1 Timothy 4:12; Luke 6:40; Col. 3:17; Titus 2:7-8; 1 Thessalonians 2:10 and 5:22.
- The employee will be a regular participant in a local, evangelical church.
To submit an application and supporting materials see: https://www.multnomah.edu/careers/