Office Title: FINANCIAL ANALYST
Application Deadline: Until Filled
Civil Service Title/Level: CFB Analyst II
Number of Positions: 1
Position Status: Full-Time
Salary: $55,000 – 65,000
Job ID #: 534070
Start your career here at the NYC Campaign Finance Board. Click on the link to learn more about the open positions at our agency!
ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN FINANCE BOARD
The New York City campaign Finance Board is a nonpartisan, independent city agency that enhances the role of New York City residents in elections. We are dedicated to making our local democracy more open, transparent, and equitable. We eliminate barriers to participation by providing access to the information and resources New Yorkers need to vote or run for office and reduce the corrupting influence of money in politics by enhancing the impact of New Yorkers’ small-dollar contributions. You would be working with a staff and leadership that is mission driven and committed to continuous improvement for the staff and the public. We provide flexible work hours and environment.
ABOUT THE UNIT/DEPARTMENT
The NYC Campaign Finance Board seeks a financial analyst to provide research, analysis, and administrative support to the Agency Chief Contracting Officer’s unit, which enforces the City’s campaign contracting laws, represents the agency in litigation, and provides in-house education on procurements.
- Monitor OTPS budget expenditures for the Campaign Finance Board
- Assist Finance leadership with the evaluation of program performance in the CFB budget, including operational efficiency
- Acquire and maintain a detailed knowledge of CFB operations and programs
- Review and make recommendations regarding OTPS funding requests
- Assist with Preparation of annual CFB budget
- Processing payments in compliance with Procurement Policy Board (PPB) rules, Comptroller’s Directives and all applicable rules
- Reviewing invoices, liaising with multiple agency work units at CFB and determining invoice certification for a large number of contracts
- Tracking, analyzing, and reconciling payments made to contractors and disclosing to the Finance Director any inconsistencies or discrepancies in payments based on data captured in the City Financial Management System (FMS) or in comparison to invoices
- Liaising with contractor/vendor representatives to resolve discrepancies and reconcile issues related payment and delivery of goods and service
- Creating payment vouchers utilizing FMS and accurately reflecting the corresponding budget structure and budget codes
- Reviewing FMS payment vouchers submitted by other Payment Specialists and applying subsequent FMS approval levels
- Maintaining vendor tracking sheets daily for a large number of vendors as payments are processed MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two (2) years of experience as financial analyst, procurement or purchasing analyst
- Attention to detail
- Efficiency and ability to prioritize, multitask, and manage time effectively
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in government (New York City government a plus)
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Demonstrated interest in public service
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, especially Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Power BI.
- Experience with Financial Management System (FMS) a plus
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED THROUGH NYC JOBS/EMPLOYEE SELF SERVICE (ESS) WEBSITE
➢ Please select the following link to apply directly to this vacancy: FINANCIAL ANALYST ➢ Note that only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
For more information on careers with the NYC Campaign Finance Board visit our website at https://www.nyccfb.info/about/career-opportunities/ to access the full listing of job opportunities and to learn more about our agency.
As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered city employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by the hiring agency.
Pursuant to Department of Citywide Administrative Services Commissioner’s Directive No. 2020-20 (concerning the Recruitment of Personnel During the Covid-19 Crisis), New York City residency must be obtained within six
months after Emergency Executive Order No.98 is rescinded. If that time has passed, residency must be obtained within 90 days of the start date.
The CFB is an equal opportunity employer firmly committed to diversity. All individuals are encouraged to apply. If you anticipate needing any type of reasonable accommodation to apply for an employment opportunity, please contact email@example.com or (212) 409-1800.
The City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.