Business Title: Assistant Commissioner/Negotiator
Job Title: Assistant Commissioner of Labor Relations
Title Code: 13365
Proposed Salary Range: $80,931.00 - $208,825.00
Work Location: 22 Cortlandt Street
The New York City Office of Labor Relations (OLR) is seeking an Assistant Commissioner to join its Executive Division, which is responsible for representing the Mayor in negotiating and implementing collective bargaining agreements with the City's over 350,000 unionized employees.
Under executive direction, with very wide latitude for the exercise of judgment, knowledge and experience, assists the Commissioner of Labor Relations (OLR) in assigned areas of labor relations activities including collective bargaining, mediation, fact-finding and contract administration.
- Consults with and advises the Commissioner on labor relations problems to which assigned.
- Acts as labor relations consultant to city agencies and City Hall.
- Acts as liaison with other oversight agencies including DCAS, OMB, FISA-OPA, and Law Department.
- Assists the Commissioner at meetings held with agency heads or labor groups. When designated, represents the Commissioner at such meetings.
- Assists in the preparation and presentation of cases on behalf of the Office of Labor Relations at fact-findings hearings and/or arbitration proceedings.
- Drafts contracts, agreements and other terms or settlement.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of satisfactory full-time experience in labor-management relations or a closely related field, 18 months of which must have been in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity or supervising a staff performing labor-management relations; or
- Education and/or experience equivalent to "1" above.
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.
22 Cortlandt Street, NY 10007 - 14th floor.
TO APPLY PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER ELECTRONICALLY USING ONE OF THE FOLLOWING METHODS:
CITY EMPLOYEES: Apply through Employee Self Service (ESS) at www.nyc.gov/ess
ALL OTHER APPLICANTS: Go to www.nyc.gov/careers
SEARCH FOR JOB ID# 568594
Submission of a resume is not a guarantee that you will receive an interview.
The Office of Labor Relations is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: This position is open to qualified persons with a disability who are eligible for the 55-a Program.