Field Maintenance SupervisorRingling College of Art and Design
The Field Maintenance Supervisor (FMS) supports the Assistant Director of Facilities Operations in managing the Facilities Operations Department by directly supervising the team of maintenance and trade workers (both regular and temporary staff).
This position is a working supervisor responsible for prioritizing and managing daily work flow routines of all scheduled maintenance work including; carpentry, general maintenance, electrical, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning and plumbing. The Field Maintenance Supervisor ensures employees are trained and follow policies and procedures to maintain a healthy and safe working environment.
The Field Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the supervision and daily inspections of all maintenance work orders scheduled by Facilities Operations, and for generating Material Request Forms (MRF) and recommending materials and equipment for assigned area.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Supervise and manage the workflow of the team of maintenance and trade workers.
- Manage work scheduling, job assignments, inspections, compilation of pertinent data, and dissemination of safety policies and procedures.
- Receive, schedule and distribute work order assignments and provide appropriate instructions to facilities maintenance staff.
- Monitor progress of assigned work orders, assure proper and timely completion is achieved.
- Oversee maintenance programs associated with carpentry, electrical, general maintenance, HVAC and plumbing work throughout campus.
- Ensure all maintenance employees complete necessary safety trainings and follow the policies and procedures to maintain healthy and safe working environments.
- Coordinate semi-annual inspections of hazardous assessments and chemical inventories within Facilities Operations with Director of Environmental Health and Safety
- Enforce electrical safety including lock out/tag out procedures
- First responder to Environment, Health & Safety - Water Loss and Mold - Contaminant Building Material Incident Report Form
In addition, this position may be required to come into work on weekends, holidays and in emergency situations (i.e., may be subject to "on-call" responsibilities) and perform general building maintenance tasks as assigned.
The successful candidate has a thorough knowledge of general maintenance trades including equipment, applications, procedures, and safety; the ability to work from blueprints and compile materials list; possesses a high level of interpersonal and human relations skills and the ability to interact appropriately with a wide variety of personality types; has a working knowledge of OSHA 10 and National Fire Protection Association 70-E compliance regulations and the ability to obtain OSHA 10 and National Fire Protection Association 70-E certification within first 90 days. The Field Maintenance Supervisor will have advanced knowledge of proper usage for a variety of power equipment and tools and the ability to lift up to 50 pounds using proper lifting techniques.
The Field Maintenance Supervisor comes into regular contact with co-workers and supervisors along with occasional and casual contact with visitors, students, staff members, faculty, etc. while performing the duties of the job. The Field Maintenance Supervisor will communicate effectively orally and in writing and will establish and maintain professional working relationships with other employees and the general public.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Five years of verifiable experience within the general maintenance trades.
- Appropriate vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
- Supervisory experience.
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a valid Florida drivers license.
- Current Certifications in OSHA 10 and National Fire Protection Association 70-E.
Ringling College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.