Church Administrative AssistantRoser Memorial Community Church
Roser Community Church is looking for a part-time Administrative Assistant. This person will need strong receptionist, general office, and database skills, willingness to train in areas of technology, and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
2018 ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT JOB DESCRIPTION
POSITION DESCRIPTION • 15 - 20 HOURS
The Administrative Assistant will exhibit strong interpersonal and communication skills. The position requires personal
flexibility to adapt to changes, organization and analytical skills to coordinate work flow and set priorities. The position
requires general office and database skills and a broad base use and understanding of computer and business
equipment machines. The Administrative Assistant position will include administrative responsibility for various
records, staff and congregational communications and general daily office operations. The Administrative Assistant
shall exhibit a relationship of teamwork and cooperation with the staff and Senior Minister.
This employee is responsible to the Administrative Coordinator on a daily basis and ultimately to the Senior Minister
and the Executive Committee.
• Act as receptionist, answer the phones and route calls to the appropriate person.
• Assist visitors in the office.
• Produce correspondence and other documents requested by Staff.
• Print, sort and fold documents downloaded by the Administrative Coordinator.
• Assist with the copy machine as necessary.
• Make appointments for the Food Pantry.
• Create and have oversight of sign-up lists as needed.
• Notify Pastors, Chair of Deacons, Stephen Ministers and Administrative Coordinator of members who have special
needs, are ill, hospitalized or die.
• Work with staff to coordinate the church calendar.
• Collect attendance sheets from the Friendship Pads. Fill pads as needed making sure they are clean, not broken and
have a functioning pen. Add emails to Constant Contact as requested.
• Record weekly attendance, new and updated addresses and email addresses from Friendship Pads and log weekly
attendance totals from the ushers count.
• Compose and print/email prayer requests to the Prayer Warriors from online, both services and Chapel.
• Change times and information on the outside sign as needed.
• Transport bulletins and post hymn numbers weekly in the Sanctuary.
• Check and fill information racks in the Fellowship Hall, Education Hall, Narthex and Chapel as needed.
• Train to assist with publishing the weekly Bulletin, eBulletin, website maintenance, social media and print advertising.
• Order name badges as requested.
• Maintain and update database. Print reports as requested.
• Coordinate Memorials, Weddings, Baptisms - collect and distribute information, including arranging scheduling,
clergy, ushers, custodian and staff.
• Order niche plate engraving or ribbon plaques for Memorial Garden.
• Pass volunteer information to the Stewardship Committee and the appropriate boards and groups.
• Prepare letters of membership transfer and visitor letters.
• At the request of the Membership Committee print membership packets as provided by the Administrative
Coordinator and Membership.
• Publish the Church Directory and keep updated copies available.
• Accumulate and print packets (agenda, minutes, financials) for the monthly Council Meeting and place them with a
legal pad on table in the Fellowship Hall.
• Keep hallway bulletin board neat and current
• Attend Staff Meetings.
• Assist other staff and volunteer leaders as requested