Adjunct Faculty - MathematicsState College of Florida
SCF seeks Adjunct Faculty – Mathematics for Fall 2018 at all three campuses: Bradenton, Lakewood Ranch and Venice. An adjunct instructional faculty member will be responsible for maintaining the highest academic standards in his/her particular discipline. The individual is expected to exercise professionalism and civility in all activities related to the role of academician, including those concerned with the various duties assigned, and any involvement with colleagues, peers, community and students.
• Teach classes as required by department chair and perform administrative duties associated with the course grades, etc.) in a timely manner.
• Effectively organize, prepare, and teach assigned courses in accordance with established syllabi
• Prepare and maintain accurate course syllabi and course handouts for each course taught
• Evaluate and record student performance/achievement on a regular basis and provide regular student feedback
• Maintain accurate student records for grading and attendance purposes, submitting grade reports within college deadlines.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of instructional assessment
• Work in partnership with faculty on all SCF campuses to ensure course consistency.
• Maintain attendance and punctuality
• Maintain a professional appearance at all times
• Meet all scheduled classes and use scheduled classroom time appropriately
• Demonstrate a professional attitude, philosophy, and commitment that promotes student growth and learning
• Demonstrate commitment to the institutional mission, goals and objectives
• Adhere to college rules and procedures, which reflect updated Federal, state, and local legislation that governs the educational process
• Promote and maintain a healthy and safe educational work environment, free from harassment and discrimination.
- 18 graduate semester hours in mathematics, statistics, applied science or related discipline courses in the teaching or application of algebra, calculus or finite mathematics + master’s degree or
- a master’s degree with a major in mathematics or statistics.
- Experience teaching at a community college and facility with Learning Management Systems, specifically Canvas, is preferred.